Tuesday, May 19, 2009

My Threshold Gaurdian

My older sister Tiffany and I use to be really close. She used to be like my best friend when I was younger. She would protect me, help me, and shield me from the truth sometimes about what the world really was. We never faultered in our sisterhood and even though she was eight years older then I was, never made it apparent that there was an age difference. As we got older however, my sister and I grew apart from eachother, and began to in a way become eneimies with one another. While my sister was in high school, our sisterhood slowly began to deterierate. The person I thought was my best friend slowly turned into a living nightmare which I was forced to face everyday. I remember waking up a lot at night to hear her arguing with my parents, or to her loud profanity she would scream at her friends. I even remember waking up one morning to hear the sound of glass being thrown into a wall and shattering into thousands of pieces. What she had become scared me, and so instead of depending on my sister like I always had before, I had to develop into a new person to save her. Repairing my sister back to the way she once was and mending our broken sisterhood was the biggest obstacle I had to face in that part of my life.
As time went on however, I began to see the happier and better side of my sister I remembered sseing when I was a little girl. Overtime, she slowly turned back into what I once called my sister. Our sisterhood become whole again, and all the open wounds me and her had from those years I ventured with her through were healed. My sister and I have been united again ever since, and even though so many things have gone wrong between us, our bond has been strengthened by one another. My sister Tiffany is my threshold gaurdian because our sisterhood was the obstacle in which caused both of us to grow. My sister is my burdened keeper in which I do not mind carrying with me on the way to the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment