Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Teaching Violin

Well, of course as many of you already know, I play in the orchestra as a violinist. When I say violinist, I really mean to say the best Violinist as a freshman right now, well at least I thought I was. You see not only do you have to be able to play violin to be the best, but you also have to be good at teaching it. I thought I was a great violinist until Jasmine asked me to teach her violin. Being my bestest buddy of course I told Jasmine yes, and shortly began teaching her soon after. I have to say it is one of the hardest things I have ever done. Trust me when I say it is not Jasmine, because it is not. It is me. I am way to unexperienced at trying to help people in Violin let alone teach the basics from scratch. So anyways, I have taken Jasmine on as my young pupil for about a month now, and I will say she has got considerably better, but because of my inexperience, everyone around us are having to suffer. To put it bluntly, there is alot of yelling, screaming, pinching, smacking, beating, and screaching. Also because me and Jasmine are really close, we do not get squat done together. My inexperience and inprofessionality have caused many people's ears to bleed, Mr. Engal to think I'm a Lunitic, and Jasmine magically becoming a better violinist. I will say, I definately need more experience to teach somebody lke Jasmine. She screaches just to annoy me.

1 comment: