Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Shadow of My Life

Everyone has a shadow in their life which they wish they could get rid of. I would have to say that my personal shadow is my eyesight. Unlike most people my age, I have a form of genetic Macular Degeneration. It's not so much the fact that I have it that bothers me, but the fact that so many people I know take advantage of what they were gifted with. I just don't see what normal people see. What all you guys think is normal vision, is something that I will never know. No I'm not blind, but I have a way different perspective on the world then what you guys have. Everyone most likely reading this says "O, I know what your going through," but you don't. I remember in Seventh grade, I was walking down the hallway when some girls (I won't say their names) ran up to me in the hallway and started calling me stupid blind girl in the hallway. Everyone around us started laughing, and I didn't know what to do. Most people in the world are not like that, but that day I went home crying. I can't help what I got at birth, and I wish some people would understand that. After that day, I guess is when you can say I actually got some backbone. Now and days I don't put up with that crap, I just fight back. My eyesight I would say is the shadow in my life because it hurts me both emotionally and physically. I'm a meaner person because of my eyesight when I used to be every one's friend. My eyesight is defiantly the shadow within my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment